Walks And Walking – Way Marked Trails in Epping Forest
Epping Forest has plenty of beautiful scenic attractions, walks, trails, outdoor activities, things to see, places to eat and places to stay. The City of London, who manage the Epping Forest estate, have been working with the Heritage Lottery Fund provided by the National Lottery to create a series of way marked trails in Epping Forest. Following the distinctive ‘green arrows’ the aim is to make walking in Epping Forest more inviting and accessible for walkers of all abilities, families with children or seniors, and anyone else looking to explore this magical ancient royal hunting woodland forest.
I have completed all of the way marked trails in Epping Forest and all include the full descriptive walking route, photographs and map.
1. Click here for the Willow Trail Walk which is a simple 3 mile classic family circular walk around Connaught Water.
2. Click here for the Holly Trail Walk which is another simple 3 mile classic family circular walk around Chingford Plain.
3. Click here for the Lime Tree Trail Walk which is a lovely family 1 mile walk in Leytonstone starting at Harrow Road Sports Pavillion.
4. Click here for the Oak Trail Walk which is a gentle 7 mile circular walk to the deer sanctuary and Ambresbury Banks starting in Theydon Bois.
6. Click here for the Chestnut Trail Walk which is a simple 4 mile classic family circular walk starting in Wanstead Park.
You can download the official Way Marked Trails in Epping Forest here, where you can also find out more information about the City of London and the great work they are doing for maintaining and preserving Epping Forest.