This is my current and most favourite walking boot.keeps me safe and protected and was well worth the £140 I paid for them.
Walking boots should all be like The North Face Jannu II GTX bootsif you are looking for a pair of Technical Hiking Boots.
Walking with The North FaceVibram soles on these boots does stick to most surfaces, although I have never fallen over I have have slipped on really wet rocks when crossing streams but on the whole they are an excellent hiking boot. Plenty of ankle support and fit really well and are comfortable walking for 6 hours or more.
Features of this technical hiking boot:
- BOTTOM: Full-length, nylon-perforated shank for optimal support and stabilty as well as push-through
- BOTTOM: Heal Cradle technology encompassing a dual-density PU midsole with an injection-molded EVA X-2 heel insert
- UPPER: 2.0-2.2 mm BLC compliant full-grain, waterproof, one-piece leather upper
- UPPER: 3.0 mm injected polypropylene insole board for long lasting underfoot support
- UPPER: Forefoot, midfoot, and heel-flex underlays
- UPPER: Gusseted tongue
- UPPER: Medial and lateral X-Frame Roll Control stabilizer
- UPPER: Northotic ergonomically designed footbed with Poron forefoot and heel inserts
- UPPER: Protective rubber toecap and heel mudguards
- UPPER: Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex membrane
I bought these hiking boots here: